- Over 400-entrants flood-in for DAF Trucks’ May Bank Holiday Virtual Truck Show
- Social Media campaign attracts 100,000 hits
- Three category winners earn DAF Driver magazine trophies and professional photo-shoots
- Winning trucks to take pride of place on DAF stand at Truckfest Peterborough
Over 400-entrants flood-in for DAF Trucks’ May Bank Holiday Virtual Truck Show
DAF Trucks has revealed the winners of its 2021 Virtual Truck Show – the second online event in successive years following ongoing pandemic restrictions and the postponement of the truck industry’s traditional show season.
Three winners have been selected after DAF Trucks’ Social Media channels were flooded with more than 400 entrants over the recent Bank Holiday weekend. The market-leader reports that its online platforms reached an audience figures of in excess of 100,000.
Three category winners have now been selected, with trophies going to:
- ‘Best Show Truck’ – XF 530 FTS – JL Cox (Cranes) Ltd. (driver Jason Coles)
- ‘Best Working Truck’ – Travis Perkins – CF 330 FAN – (driver Shaun Cato)
- ‘Best Classic DAF or Leyland Truck’ – HJ Haws Haulage (Stephen Haws’ 1996 Leyland DAF 95 400 ATi Space Cab)
The winners and their respective companies earn themselves a DAF Driver magazine trophy and a professional photo-shoot to feature in future issues of the magazine. The winning trucks will also take pride-of-place on the DAF Trucks stand at Truckfest ’21 in Peterborough over the end-of-August Bank Holiday weekend.
The Best Show Truck winner is an 80-tonne DAF XF 530 FTS in the colours of JL Cox (Cranes) Ltd., “I was absolutely bowled-over when I got the call from DAF,” said driver, Jason Coles, “The truck does a lot of specialist heavy work and it can get pretty filthy. We spent quite a bit of money on making it look the part, so it deserves to be seen in all its glory. I take a lot of pride in looking after it,” he said.”